יום רביעי, 11 במרץ 2020

זמן המדבר / טבילה Desert Time / Immersion



Immersion

I am not independent. I am a part of the larger picture which is flowing, transforming, eternal. Eternity is not a fossil. Eternity is the recognition of the encounter and the understanding of the relativity of my form.  The outdoors flows into me, rising waves in me. At the same time, I flow into the wild making waves. Moving across the surface, I receive and I give things. Whether I understand it or not, things happen to me, occur inside me, drain out of me into the desert land, and recharged into me. Passing between the burning rocks in the afternoon, I walk on the hot hamada soil that taps black shiny stones with a metallic sound. I climb up a toppling scree, my heels stomping over the granulated soft sand of the dune, my legs sink in thick powdered dust of a desolated road. Then my body is struggling to
ball-up, to preserve its form so it will not crumble under the weight I carry, erode or drift away along the terrain. I leave behind me a trail of beads of moisture like a slug. I pay with electric and chemical energy for my passage through the area that charges me with heat. Amidst the dire effort to move in the hot air, my body produces an excess of heat and tension. In the hot terrain, my body is charged and absorbs a load of tension that my enclosed, strained shape is unable to fully drain. I must unload this strain. I feel my bloated wrists, the thumping blood vessels in my head and my joints. My face is covered with a tight membrane of heat, a belt of sweat around my waist and across my back. My nostrils are hard and dry. Once I finally stop moving, I sit in the shade by the large boulder next to the dark cistern, my body remains charged with all of the excessive tension it absorbed. This tension will not be discharged by itself. My limp body is unwilling to move. I must gently raise up and head toward the water. To immerse in it. As I pass through the water the tension is immediately released and my body is re-energized by another electric charge. The excessive loads of heat are discharged into the cool darkness. My rage, the blind craving that pushes forth, the accompanying heaviness, the refusal to move, the withdrawal, the effort and endurance have completed their role and have become obstacles. All are dissolved by the cold shock. I come out of the water with light, open, focused, and clear head and body free from the hot heavy loads. In a state of limpness or rage, with closed eyes and physical disobedience, I must make a decision that will cross through the blindness and open my eyes. 


טבילה
אינני דבר עצמאי אני חלק מהתמונה הגדולה הזורמת. המשתנה הנצחית. הנח איננו דבר מאובן. הנצח הוא ידיעת המפגש והבנת היחסיות של צורתי. השטח זורם אל תוכי ומכה בי גלים. בה בעת אני זורם לתוכו ומבכה בו גלים. בתנועתי לאורך פני השטח אני מקבל דברים ומשאיר דברים. אם אבין ואם לא אבין, דברים קורים לי, מתרחשים בי, נשאבים ממני לקרקע המדבר ונטענים לתוכי. בעוברי בין הסלעים הלוהטים אחר הצהריים, בלכתי על החמאדה החמה עם האבנים השחורות המבריקות המקישה בקולות מתכתיים, כאשר אני עולה בדרדרת המתנועעת, כאשר עקבי בוטשים בחול הרך הגרגרי של הדיונה, כאשר רגליי שוקעות באבקת האבק העבה בדרך השוממת. גופי עסוק במאמץ לסגור את צורתו, לשמור עליה שלא תתפרק מתחת למשקל שאני נושא, שלא תיסחף ותישחק לאורך פני השטח. אני משאיר אחריי שובל של רסיסי לחות כמו החשופית, משלם באנרגיה כימית וחשמלית את זכות המעבר שלי בשטח הטוען אותי בחום. בתוך המאמץ העז של התנועה באוויר החם, גופי מייצר עודפים של חום ומתח. בתוך השטח החם גופי ניטען וסופח מטען עודף של מתח אשר צורתי המתאמצת הסגורה לא מצליחה לנקז אותו בשלמות. עלי לפרוק את המטען הזה. אני חש את אמות ידי המנופחות, את כלי הדם הפועמים של ראשי ופרקי ידי. פני עוטות קרום מתוח של חום. חגורה של זיעה מסביב למתני ועל גבי נחירי יבשים וקשים. אז כשהפסקתי לנוע סוף סוף, ואני יושב לצד הסלע הגדול בצל, ליד הגב הכהה, גופי החם נותר טעון בכל המתח העודף שצבר בעוברו על פני השטח. מתח זה לא יתפרק מעצמו. גופי השמוט אינו רוצה  לעשות דבר. עלי להקימו בעדינות וללכת אל המים. לטבילה. המעבר של גופי בתוך המים פורק באחת את המתח הצבור ומחליף את סוג המטען החשמלי.  כל עודפי החום נפרקים אל האפלה הקרה. חמת זעמי, ההשתוקקות העיוורת המטילה עצמה קדימה, הכבדות הנלוות, הסירוב לנוע, ההסתגרות, המאמץ והחזקת המעמד אשר גמרו את תפקידם ונשארו כמכשול. כל אלו נעלמו בהלם הקר ואני יוצא החוצה ראשי וגופי קלים, פקוחים, מרוכזים וברורים ללא המטענים הכבדים החמים שתלו עליהם. מתוך המצב של גוף רפוי או זועם, עם עיניים עצומות וסרבנות פיזית, עלי לבצע החלטה שתחצה את המצב המעוור על מנת שייפקחו עיני.

זמן המדבר / דוד מיכאלי , 2001 עמ' 83

אין תגובות: